Sunday, June 17, 2007

very short version

This was a great learning experience for my first 100mile race, finished in 8 1/2, had 75 miles in 5:45 had some problems at the end of the 3rd lap going in to the 4th. very, very bumpy course with lots of sand all single track. felt like the first couple of hours was like doing a dirt crit. wished the climbs would of been a lot longer, other than the beginning climb and the climb at the end of the lap all the others were pretty small. not sure of my placing, im sure i was pretty far back had a lot of people pass me on the last lap (bummer)! I left as soon as i finished made it home in less than 9hrs was in bed by 1am long day!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I warned you those guys go very fast. Good job on toughing it out!

MC Stankles said...

Nice job on finishing with in your goal time! 100mi on a mountain bike seems like suicide to me.

Robert said...

You beat me by 2 hours... I did not make it home and into bed till 3 am. Nice meeting you Dwayne. Good job out there....

alexdolpp said...

I think you chased me for a while... glad you had fun in MI.