Tuesday, July 31, 2007

does it matter!

The last three weeks have been fun filled. lot of work with the big boss out of town but its all good. I had planned some big rides this month with no races. It started a couple of weeks back with a triple, triple chubb, kept the lap times at avg 1:15 total time for the ride felt really freakin good! got in a good and early ride Sunday, this ride is changing every week, so far I've hit every hill off of old Lemay there are some good ones and some that are a waste of time, the good ones get added to the loop and then doubled, wette rd will always be the favorite. so far the loop is up to 9 grand of climbing in about 5 1/2 hours.. trust me it feels really freakin good!! been getting some good 3hr plus night rides in through the week, pretty much same loop little mellowed out...



So Ive been riding my a$$ off lately, as in for the last 3 or 4 years and for what! because I've always wanted to do a 24. I can only imagine the effort it will take to do this thing the way i want to do it.. every race in time becomes more or less just another race, so i wonder, does this race more than any other really matter!! Riding without racing is freedom, but racing is the motivation to ride for that feeling of freedom... besides I'm a sucker for pain.

4 comments:

Jim said...

Congrats on the "triple, triple!" But isn't that a double triple? Or triple and triple? Either way, impressive! I went home that day after my single feeling weak. You're going to be a monster in your 24.

I am Dwayne Goscinski said...

I think your right, triple and triple. wish we could of hooked up.

MC Stankles said...

Shnike man saying chub just makes my legs sore. What 24hr are you planning on doing?

I am Dwayne Goscinski said...

www.grannygear.com 24hrs of landahl, thy have about every category you could possably think of for teams and of course the solo division.