Sunday, November 30, 2008

4:48

I couldn't resist building Lucas his first skateboard ramp, brings back a lot of memories when I was young. The hard part was trying to keep him from bomb dropping off of the 4' stepladder.


With me and Jim there is hard and harder and since nobody else was going on the big ride (aka the Washington state park ride, the Dave Pratt ride) with us I knew it was going to be a fast one. It has been a long time since its just been the two of us on this ride. We made it out to the park in under 3hrs and that is 58 miles in. We have never done that before. My fastest solo effort on this course was 4 53 and Jim's was about 40 seconds faster and that was last spring in pretty much perfect conditions. So we finished up the ride at 4 48 and pretty much stomped or best time together, I don't think we had ever been under 5hrs. Still cant believe how good I felt especially after doing the West County Trifecta ride on Wednesday with Mitch and Jeremy. We did Chubb, Greensfelder and Castlewood all by Mountain bike from Mitch's house, very fun ride. I guess it was all of the turkey I ate on Thanksgiving.




Thanksgiving was a lot of fun with the family, we went out to my parents house and as everybody does we ate way to much but you just got to do that sometimes.


No comments: