Friday, October 16, 2009

Council Bluff race 09

I cant believe its been a week already since the race. This week went by as fast as the race did, its good to be busy. I finally had a really good CB race, first time that I finished not feeling totally destroyed. The single speed worked great for almost 5 laps. I was hoping to get 9 laps on it and would of loved 8. Finishing up the 5th lap I should of went to the geared bike but couldn't do it. I paid for it on the 6th lap with some pretty good leg cramps. Not a big deal I went to the geared bike for my 7th lap and got hooked in with one of the guys on a team, that was fun. I think we rode most of the whole lap together and I finished up with my fastest ride time laps of the race even fighting off cramps. Did you know that chewing endurolytes makes cramps go away faster, good stuff! 8th lap was great. I have always suffered greatly on the 8th lap in this race and never really got to enjoy the night laps. This year it was awesome. Scott from Cyclewerx had finished up his 6hr race and gave me a hand getting my lights ready and pushed me off with a good vibe. I was pushing a little trying to catch Mitch but I was pretty sure he was already gone, which he was! Going into the 9th lap was fun but I was getting tired. So no more hard efforts I just rode. Probably the funnest part of the race was catching up with Matt O. He was taking a break along side the trail. Matt was in happy land. I love happy land been there a lot of times. I was going to ride with him to finish the race but figured I better get going because I wasn't sure how close Zach was. So I finished up the race feeling way better than last year and a little faster time than last year. I stuck to my goal way better this year than years past and didn't fall off of it until the middle of the sixth lap which was mostly because of the single speed. I wish I would of had one easier gear but lucky I had the geared bike are I wouldn't of finished the race. Big congrats to Mitch for winning his first 12hr solo race and to Matt Oachs for finishing 7 laps on this tough course. Thanks to Mesa for putting on one of the funnest races of the year.

No comments: