Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Road racer?

Awesome pic my wife took...
Hanging out up front not knowing what the heck I was doing, fun stuff...

Okay so I have done more road racing this year than Mountain bike racing. Strange! I did my first Crit race on Sunday at Forest Park. Crazy fun. Bettina and Lucas came along to enjoy the beautiful day. Which is one of the reasons for doing a little more of the road stuff this year. The crit races seem to be a little more spectator friendly versus the MTB races. Anyway the race was awesome, totally different than what I am used to. For the last 5 are 6 years I have been training to keep the highest pace I could maintain for 3 to 24hrs of racing. Its fun learning to max the hrt rate than recover and do it again, along with trying to understand what is going on with the race who is trying to go off the front, what team is doing what, who's strong. It makes MTB racing seem so easy. So for the race I was wanting to get off the front in a break, kind of did that a few times. Get used to riding in a big group, did that. Finish in the pack, pretty much did that. Probably wont go for any field sprint finishes anytime soon, but hey you never know. Looking forward to some more. Side note the little guy is still growing super strong, less than 2 months to go, the wife is looking more beautiful than ever = ). Good times!

No comments: